06 Jun Project Director, EQWIP HUBs
- Company Name: Canada World Youth
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: As soon as possible
- Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
- Status: Executive level, contract
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Reporting to the President & CEO of Canada World Youth and the Executive Director of Youth Challenge International, the Project Director will be responsible for the management, including the technical, financial and administrative functions of the project. The Project Director will manage all project staff and will oversee reporting on program results and will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships to CWY and YCI standards with staff, funders, and project implementing partners.
- In collaboration with CWY and YCI project leadership the Project Director will provide leadership, management, representation, compliance and operations oversight for the project to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets;
- Track and report project progress and activities monthly against work plans and provide regular and timely narrative and financial reports to CWY and YCI project leadership;
- Lead the recruitment, placement, and management of young professional volunteers representing a key business stream for the EQWIP HUBS project;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of youth livelihood issues and a general understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing young people across countries of operation; oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure the impact of activities;
- In collaboration with CWY and YCI project leadership the Project Director will manage overall project budget, ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable and correctly allocated and ensuring in country financial management;
- Oversee management responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; in collaboration and accordance with the CWY and YCI project practices policies and applicable laws;
- Report to the President & CEO of Canada World Youth and the Executive Director of Youth Challenge International including ongoing consultation;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience at a director level;
- Previous experience as a proactive Project Director or similar Executive role with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships, project management and collaboration, international organizations and donors;
- Significant international experience in field project management preferably with a focus on youth programming;
- Demonstrated track record implementing ambitious talent acquisition strategies and implementation plans;
- Track record buildings teams, leadership capacity and partnership capacity building;
- A successful track record managing and implementing donor-funded projects international with multiple field locations;
- Demonstrated leadership ability working with senior international staff in cross cultural settings;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Bilingual language capability is highly desired.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, June 18th, 2017, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Project Director – EQWIP HUBS” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.