Volunteer Youth Livelihoods Advisor
The EQWIP HUBs Youth Livelihoods Advisor will work with staff and local partner organizations to develop and strengthen the project platforms that support youth to access employment and business opportunities. You will collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs Network to identify and develop solutions to overcome local barriers to employment and entrepreneurship.
As Youth Livelihoods Advisor, you will provide support to the EQWIP HUBs team in the delivery of key project’s activities, including involving new partners in the project. You have a passion for youth engagement, livelihoods, peer-to-peer learning and developing new initiatives.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish (Basic)
Experience Requirements:3 years
Upcoming departure dates:July, September, November, January
- Support the development and functioning of the EQWIP HUBs Network and a youth advisory committee, including development of guidelines, terms of reference, and orientation material;
- Support in-depth labour market analysis to identify viable employment opportunities, market trends, skills gaps as well as existing job-placement services;
- Identify potential partners among technical and vocational training institutes to support project activities;
- Support effective partnerships with key stakeholders from the private sector as potential employers for youth;
- Develop innovative activities and training workshops that aim to enhance youth employability and entrepreneurship mindset;
- Support the development and implementation of a mentoring program for the recipients of the Youth Innovation Fund;
- Collaborate with other volunteers, especially Gender and Environmental Officers to ensure gender responsiveness and environmental sustainability mechanisms at programmatic level;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks will be assigned as needed.
- Background in social science, development studies, program management or related field
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Experience working with youth focused programs
- Ability to gather and communicate information to a range of audiences
- Experience with networking or outreach is considered an asset.