Volunteer Youth Engagement Officer
The EQWIP HUBs Youth Engagement Officer will work with staff and local partner organizations to develop and strengthen the project platforms that support youth to access employment and business opportunities. You will collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs Network to identify and develop solutions to overcome local barriers to employment and entrepreneurship.
As the Youth Engagement Officer, you will support the development of the youth outreach and engagement strategy, the identification of available resources and opportunities for youth in their community, the delivery of youth needs-based activities in the HUB, as well as direct coaching for youth. You have a passion for youth engagement, peer-to-peer coaching and gender equality.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish (Basic)
Experience Requirements:1-2 years
Upcoming departure dates:May, July, September, November
- Support the project youth outreach and engagement strategy by developing creative activities and approaches to attract and retain youth;
- Provide support to the HUB Coordinator and Training Coordinator with the design, planning and delivery of support services at the HUB such as job fairs, HUB talks, informational workshops and more;
- Collaborate with EQWIP HUBs team to ensure program activities’ design and development address needs of youth;
- Research and identify the community assets, resources, needs and opportunities through a community mapping to better inform the development of targeted youth services and activities;
- Support youth and build their skills to identify career opportunities and prepare job applications;
- Assist with the planning and delivery of events at the HUB;
- Promote equal participation of women, as well as their representation, in all activities;
- Other activities as required.
- University degree in community or international development or a relevant field
- Experience working on youth focus projects, ideally internationally, would be an asset
- Knowledge or experience in the field of youth livelihoods and youth engagement
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Strong adaptability, multitasking and public speaking skills, and comfortable in fast-paced environment.