22 Dec Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- Job Title: Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (2 per country)
- Length of Placement: 12 months+
- Country: Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
- Language Requirements: Fluent in English or French or Spanish
- 2017 Departure Dates: March, May, July, September, November
- Position Location: HUB(s)
- Supervisor: Country Manager
The EQWIP HUBs Volunteer Coordinator will support staff at the Country Office and HUBs and our local partners to ensure that the program requirements fully utilise and incorporate the skills and knowledge of Canadian volunteers in their placements. They will provide support to country teams to ensure the responsibilities outlined in the volunteer contracts and the volunteer handbook are met and that volunteer management tools are being utilised.
As the Volunteer Coordinator, you will report to the Country Manager and collaborate closely with the Operations Manager, volunteers and other staff in country to strengthen and improve the overall volunteer in-country experience. You have a passion for youth engagement, cultural diversity and volunteerism.
- Assist with pre-departure preparations, arrival and integration of new volunteers, e.g orientation, identifying accommodations, etc.;
- Support development, implementation and regular monitoring of volunteer workplans in collaboration with the volunteer supervisor;
- Support review, updating and application of volunteer management and placement development tools and processes, e.g. country overview, placement descriptions, etc;
- Provide logistical support for volunteer placements;
- Facilitate an in-country peer support network for volunteers;
- Undertake other responsibilities as required.
- Post-secondary degree in human resources, volunteer management, social science, international development or related field
- Strong judgement, flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience as an international volunteer, cross-cultural experience or experience in selected country would be a great asset
- Experience with training or facilitation is an asset
- Experience working with youth is preferred
- Coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution skills are preferred