Organizational Development Advisor
About EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a global network of innovation spaces where youth develop market-relevant skills and gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to transition to the workforce or to launch a new wave of youth-owned enterprises. Hosted by local Partner Organizations in 12 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs is a unique platform for youth peer-to-peer collaboration.
EQWIP HUBs is a joint project of Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI), two world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, with generous funding support from the Government of Canada.
Organizational Development Advisors will work with local partner organizations to support organizational development needs identified through annual Partner Capacity Assessments (PCA) and subsequently developed Partner Sustainability Plans (PSPs). These activities will contribute to developing more effective sustainable livelihoods programming for young women and young men in the partners’ communities, increasing capacity in sustainability of programming and funding and collaborating more broadly with other development actors.
Organizational Development Advisors have skills in one or more of the following capacity development domains: resource mobilization and management, human resources, strategic planning and institutional development.
As an Organizational Development Advisor, you will collaborate with EQWIP HUBs partners to help them increase their capacity to provide improved services to youth seeking employment or entrepreneurship opportunities. You have a passion for capacity building, participatory learning and organizational development.
- Support the partner organization in implementing its Partner Sustainability Plan by providing capacity assistance in one or more organizational development domains
- Support the partner with development of systems, tools and processes to strengthen capacity in one or more organizational development domains
- Assist the partner organization to operationalize and document policies or processes that will increase the likelihood of achieving more sustainable results
- Support the partner organization to strengthen in various organizational development domains through staff training or one-to-one coaching/support
- Seek out and implement additional organizational development support from local HUB Network or other organizations/private sector companies (for ongoing or more sustainable support)
- Contribute to gender equality objectives of the project by ensuring the participation of women in all activities
- Additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned based on HUB and Partner Organization priorities
- Practical experience in implementing capacity and organizational development programs. Preferred experience in one of the following domains: resource management and mobilization, strategic planning, human resources, institutional development
- Educational background or certification organizational development, program management, social sciences, international development or related field
- Knowledge and Experience in conducting capacity development assessments
- Experience in training, coaching or mentoring, using participatory approaches is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated abilities in developing and sustaining relationships with diverse group are strongly preferred
- Experience working with NGOs in a developing country is an asset
- Experience developing, and leading innovative capacity and organizational development technical trainings is an asset
- Excellent report writing skills preferred
Terms and conditions
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement.
Most costs related to this placement are covered. EQWIP HUBs offers the following conditions that cover basic living expenses while in-country. They include:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Online pre-departure training
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return international flights and visa costs
- Health and emergency insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas. This allowance covers communications, housing and food costs and other typical monthly living expenses
Volunteers contribute to youth innovation
Successful applicants undertake to fundraise prior to departure. Volunteer contributions support the Youth Innovation Fund which provides small grants to local youth business start-ups. Fundraising goals are between $2,950 and $3,900 and based on placement length.