Volunteer Gender Equality Officer
The EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Officer will support the implementation of the EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Strategy and ensure that the planning, delivery and monitoring of training and support activities are gender responsive. As the Gender Equality Officer you will collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs Country Office and HUB staff to identify and address barriers and challenges faced by young women in accessing sustainable livelihood training and support mechanisms.
The Gender Equality Officer, reports to the Country Manager, and is supported by the EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Lead.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish (Basic)
Experience Requirements:1-2 years
Upcoming departure dates:September, November, January
- Support the EQWIP HUBs country staff in reviewing and revising the Country Gender Equality Strategy
- Support the staff, Canadian volunteers and local volunteers in implementing the actions and activities detailed in the Gender Equality Strategy, including but not limited to providing training and coaching to EQWIP HUBs staff, Network members and youth participants; undertaking outreach to potential Network members and external resources, and supporting monitoring, evaluation, and report writing;
- Support the development of a Gender Equality section in the management information system;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks will be assigned as required.
- Educational background or certification in Women’s Studies, International development, or related field.
- Familiarity with excel or other software packages for data entry and analysis.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience with participatory training and/or facilitation
- Concrete experience working with young women and youth
- High degree of intercultural communication skills