Volunteer Gender Equality Advisor
The EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Advisor will work with local partner organizations, supported by the EQWIP HUBs Gender Equality Lead, to develop and/or strengthen the local partner’s programming, policies and procedures to ensure that they are gender responsive.
As the Gender Equality Advisor, you will contribute to strengthening the partner organization’s capacity to facilitate the participation of women and youth in its decision-making processes and address challenges and barriers faced by young women in accessing its services or programs.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish
Experience Requirements:3 years
Upcoming departure dates:September, November, January
- Support the partner organization in reviewing and revising the Gender Equality section of its Partner Sustainability Plan
- Support the partner organization with the implementation of actions and activities related to Gender Equality as detailed in the Sustainability Plan, including but not limited to providing training and coaching to staff and other internal and external stakeholders, as well as supporting internal monitoring and evaluation, data analysis/triangulation and report writing;
- Support the development of a Gender Equality section in the management information system;
- With the support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor ensure the design of indicators to measure gender responsiveness in the programs, policies and procedures of the local partner.
- Educational background or certification in Women’s Studies, International development, or related field.
- Concrete work experience implementing and monitoring a Gender Equality mainstreaming initiative.
- Familiarity with excel or other software packages for data entry and analysis.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience with participatory training or facilitation.
- High degree of intercultural communication skills