Facilitation & Training Assistant
About EQWIP HUBs
EQWIP HUBs is a global network of innovation spaces where youth develop market-relevant skills and gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to transition to the workforce or to launch a new wave of youth-owned enterprise. Hosted by local Partner Organizations in 12 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs is a unique platform for youth peer-to-peer collaboration.
EQWIP HUBs is a joint project of Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI), two world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, with generous funding support from the Government of Canada.
EQWIP HUBs is looking for Facilitation & Training Assistants who will collaborate with local staff and partner organizations to develop and strengthen the project’s educational plans that support youth access to employment and business opportunities.
As Facilitation and Training Assistant, you will support the HUB Training Coordinator in planning and delivering youth employment and entrepreneurship training programs. This includes onboarding of youth participants, planning and logistics, co-facilitating training as required, supporting peer-to-peer learning and coordinating workshops with partner organizations.
As a volunteer you will:
- Coordinate and support delivery of training workshops
- Support logistical arrangements for facilitation such as scheduling, preparation of materials, communications with participants, arranging travel, and coordinating facilitators
- Co-facilitate workshops and provide support to youth participants as necessary
- Provide support to local youth participants in using the online platform for registration and training activities
- Collaborate with the Youth Engagement Coordinator and the HUB trainers towards outreach/promotion efforts and reviewing targets to recruit youth participants for training programs and workshops
- Assist with the screening and selection of youth participants for Core Training programs
- Support administrative tasks such as tracking and submitting attendance
- Support data collection activities for monitoring and evaluation aspects of the project
- Apply capacity building principles in the development and implementation of all activities
- Develop, document and share all tools and materials developed with partners and country staff
- Contribute to gender equality objectives of the project by ensuring the participation of women in all activities
- Additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned based on HUB and Partner Organization priorities.
Qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience in education, social sciences, community development, youth work/studies
- Commitment toward youth engagement, cultural diversity, and volunteerism
- Knowledge of adult education principles and/or experience facilitating training using participatory methods
- Knowledge of or experience with entrepreneurship, or employment skills training considered an asset
- Experience with blended learning and e-learning considered an asset
- Experience in selected country or region would be an asset
- Able to thrive as part of a team, in person and remotely
- Require minimal supervision and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
Terms and Conditions:
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this volunteer placement.
Most costs related to this placement are covered. EQWIP HUBs offers the following conditions that cover basic living expenses while in-country. They include:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Online pre-departure training
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return international flights and visa costs
- Health and emergency insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas. This allowance covers communications, housing and food costs and other typical monthly living expenses
Volunteers contribute to youth innovation
Successful applicants undertake to fundraise prior to departure. Volunteer contributions support the Youth Innovation Fund which provides small grants to local youth business start-ups. Fundraising goals are between $2,950 and $3,900 and based on placement length.