Volunteer Environmental Sustainability Officer
The EQWIP HUBs Environmental Sustainability Officer will work with staff to develop and strengthen the project platforms that support youth to access employment and business opportunities. You will have the chance to collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs Network to identify and develop solutions to overcome local barriers to employment and entrepreneurship.
The Environmental Sustainability Officer will work with staff to identify areas where environmental impact of the project can be reduced and to provide recommendations for incorporating or implementing activities/trainings that promote environmental awareness and responsibility. The Environmental Sustainability Officer will also support the project by promoting and integrating environmental sustainability practices in youth business development.
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish (Basic)
Experience Requirements:1-2 years
Upcoming departure dates:September, November, January
- Assist with conducting an analysis on environmental policies, standards and guidelines that are applicable to the EQWIP HUBs project;
- Assist with conducting an assessment of environmental impact of project’s activities and prepare a report to share the findings and recommendations;
- Support the development of an environmental strategy and action plan for the country EQWIP HUBs project;
- Support the development of tools, mechanisms and policies to help reduce environmental impact of project activities;
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities related to environmental impact;
- Identify small business and value chain opportunities in the local green economy and preparing reports and recommendations for accessing these opportunities;
- Work collaboratively with the Business Advisor and the Program Advisor to develop and deliver a training workshop on green business development and/or in integrating environmental sustainability strategies and mechanisms in business development;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks to be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, community development, or related field of study.
- Familiarity with management, implementation and monitoring of environmental sustainability of programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of global and local environmental issues and challenges.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated comprehension of environmental regulations, good environmental practices and environmental management systems.
- Demonstrated research and report writing skills.