Environmental Sustainability Advisor
The EQWIP HUBs Environmental Sustainability Advisor will work with local partner organizations to develop and strengthen their environmental sustainability plan as identified through annual Capacity Assessment.
The Environmental Sustainability Advisor will collaborate directly with EQWIP HUBs partners to promote environmental awareness and responsibility and assist them in developing an environmental sustainability strategy and activities as part of their programming and operations. You have a passion for environmental sustainability, international development, capacity strengthening and participatory learning.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French
Experience Requirements:3 years
Upcoming departure dates:November, January
- Support the partner organization in implementing their Partner Sustainability Plan by providing assistance and training in environmental sustainability needs areas;
- Assist with conducting an assessment of environmental impact of the partner’s activities and prepare a report to share the findings and recommendations;
- Support the partner in the development and implementation of an environmental action plan, tools, mechanisms and policies;
- Assist the partner in implementing policies or processes that will increase their environmental sustainability strategy;
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities related to environmental impact;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks to be assigned as required.
- Relevant university degree in environmental sciences, natural resource management, community development, or related field of study.
- Familiarity with management, capacity development, implementation and monitoring of environmental sustainability of programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of global and local environmental issues and challenges.
- Thorough understanding and comprehension of environmental regulations, good environmental practices and environmental management systems.
- Excellent research and report writing skills.