Volunteer Youth Digital Engagement Advisor
The EQWIP HUBs Digital Engagement Advisor will support the IT Manager to develop and strengthen the project’s digital platforms, including the E-HUB to support youth to access employment and business opportunities. You will also work closely with the Knowledge & Learning Manager to identify and develop solutions to overcome local barriers to employment and entrepreneurship.
The E-HUB is EQWIP HUBs digital platform developed by our partner, Taking it Global (TIG) that provides a platform for promoting activities and sharing stories from our EQWIP HUBS in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania. It serves as well to support youth participant learning through discussion forums, sharing of resources and learning extensions of classroom training modules. The platform offers an opportunity for our youth participants to engage with youth in other HUBs through a global exchange feature and supports monitoring and evaluation activities through events and participation tracking.
Countries:Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language requirements:Fluent in English or French or Spanish (Basic)
Experience Requirements:1-2 years
Upcoming departure dates:May, July, September, November
- Support local staff in managing the administration and updating of the E-HUB;
- Support integration of online learning into the training curriculum, including development of interactive, customized learning extension modules;
- Support ongoing monitoring and reporting of participant engagement with the E-HUB, including conducting focus groups and user interviews;
- Support skills development in digital literacy, including delivery of orientation and training and providing ongoing coaching;
- Identify additional digital opportunities and activities that would enhance support to youth participants to access employment or manage their business;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks assigned as required.
- Post-secondary qualification in related field with knowledge and interest in leveraging technology to support international development and sustainable livelihoods
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Knowledge of social media for social change, internet collaboration tools, content management system
- Facilitating and training experience
- Able to work as part of a team, in person and remotely
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Experience with blended learning and e-learning is an asset
- Experience with survey collection, conducting interviews and/or focus groups discussions is an asset
- Familiar with, or willingness to be trained on Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint