22 Dec Business Advisor
- Duration: 12 months
- Country: Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
- Language Requirements: Fluent in English or French or Spanish
- 2017 Departure Dates: January, March, May, July, September, November
- Supervisor: Hub Coordinator
The EQWIP HUBs Business Advisor will collaborate directly with EQWIP HUBs staff and local partner organizations to develop and strengthen the project platforms that support youth to access employment and business opportunities. You will collaborate with the EQWIP HUBs Network to identify and develop solutions to overcome local barriers to employment and entrepreneurship.
As Business Advisor, you will identify business and value chain opportunities for youth in the local economy, promote innovative business models and strategies, as well as provide technical assistance and support to youth in the development of their business plans. You will also assist the project in the development of an Innovation Fund to help young men and women who completed the entrepreneurship training program access finances to start their business.
- Conduct a market assessment to identify micro and small business opportunities as well as other income generating activities in the local economy;
- Develop, plan and deliver training activities in business plan development, market assessment techniques, value chain development, and/or small business development strategies;
- Assist in the launch and roll out of the Youth Innovation Fund;Coach and assist youth in the preparation and application for the Youth Innovation Fund;
- Work collaboratively with the Environmental Sustainability Officer to promote green business models and integrate environmental sustainability practices in youth business development;
- Facilitate training, coaching and learning opportunities for EQWIP HUBs team and partners to build their capacity in business plan development;
- Additional responsibilities and tasks will be assigned according to needs.
- Education background in business management, entrepreneurship or related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with small business development preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team in a professional manner, work with minimal supervision and continually prioritize duties