01 May Knowledge and Learning Manager – Senegal
EQWIP HUBS – Knowledge and Learning Manager
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Project Title: EQWIP HUBS: Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
Start: June 2017
Status: Manager Level, contract
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Knowledge and Learning Manager plays a leadership role in ensuring that relevant knowledge on livelihoods programming will be gathered and shared through a dynamic knowledge management system which include monitoring, evaluation and learning components. These will be applied to promote innovation and quality in the design and delivery of program training and related activities.
- Lead the adaptation and implementation of the overall EQWIP M&E Strategy at the country level in close collaboration with the M&E Lead and key project stakeholders (volunteers, partners, youth participants)
- Ensure program quality through implementation of activity-specific review systems, comprehensive M&E systems, and staff development
- Provide management for the implementation of the HUB M&E system, working closely with other staff, consultants, youth and partners
- Contribute to the development of the knowledge management system including development of context-appropriate tools and activities
- Develop results and performance reports, in addition to other briefings, summaries, papers and presentations for various audiences as needed
- Assure that knowledge about the project’s achievements (expected and unexpected) are documented and shared with the appropriate stakeholders by researching and collecting content and stories.
- Ensure that training curriculum design, adaptation and delivery integrates learning and best practice and is youth centered, creative and experiential
- Identify, document and share good practice, lessons learned and trends in the youth livelihoods sector to ensure program relevance and effectiveness
- Provide leadership and management for the development, coordination and delivery of training activities for young women and men
- Lead the review, adaptation and development of core training curriculum in entrepreneurship and employment, in close coordination with the training coordinators
- Train HUB’s partners and staff on the efficient use of the monitoring system, provide ongoing coaching/support through regular project site monitoring visits
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, consortium partners and sector stakeholders.
- Provide technical support to the Hub’s Training Coordinator around the delivery of the training activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
- Provide leadership and management for the delivery and oversight of the project in Tanzania.
- Monitor and manage annual and multi-year program budgets, ensuring compliance with programme, donor regulations and requirements.
- Mitigate risk by identifying areas of risk and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with project’s policies and applicable laws including recruitment, development, performance management, risk management to ensure quality project delivery.
- Ensure preparation and submission of financial and project activity reports according to the project reporting processes and standards.
- Ensure and manage conditions for performance and project delivery through staff and in- country Canadian volunteers.
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to Canadian volunteers.
- Provide guidance regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is based on input from stakeholders, a thorough understanding of the context, and technical best practices.
- Ensure program quality and timely program delivery through implementation of project review systems, comprehensive M&E systems, and staff/partner development.
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth and where possible position the project to respond appropriately.
- Lead the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it is complimentary to strategic planning at both the country level and globally.
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track.
- Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners, implementing partners and key local/national actors (public and private sector) to ensure effective delivery of activities.
- Engage private sector and relevant actors in forming a multi-stakeholder network to support youth employment/entrepreneurship objectives.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party.
- University Diploma
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, training, and knowledge management.
- Passion, understanding and ability to utilize measurement to improve programming
- Understanding of and experience with participatory training techniques
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, implementing and monitoring training plans
- Ability to gather and organize information and resources, compile data, and to synthesize knowledge from diverse sources of information.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting and reporting
- Proven ability to manage and provide ongoing training and support on M&E to diverse staff and personnel
- Knowledge, previous experience or interest in applying IT and social media to learning and M&E
- Energetic and collaborative spirit, with the ability take initiative, and a willingness to develop new skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to travel within the host country
- Strong verbal and written English skills required
- Applicant MUST be a citizen of Senegal
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 2 nd , 2017 at 5:00 pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Senegal – Knowledge and Learning Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.