23 Jan Interim Deputy Director
- Company Name: Youth Challenge International
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: March 19, 2018
- Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
- Schedule: 1-year, Full-time contract providing cover for Maternity Leave
- Salary: $85,000 – $90,000
- Benefits Package: Group Insurance
The Interim Deputy Director, reporting to the Project Director, will be responsible for the overall management of the technical functions of the project. S/he will manage national and international staff with technical roles. S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, consortium partners, sector stakeholders and private sector actors.
EQWIP is building a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated by the prospect of exploring new and creative approaches to solving complex global challenges.
- Provide leadership and management for the technical delivery and oversight of EQWIP HUBS in Canada and in program countries;
- Manage technical leads in Livelihood & Innovation, L,M&E & Gender and other personnel assigned to the technical team including Program Advisors and Consultants;
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets and recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track;
- Track and report progress and activities against annual and monthly work plans;
- Oversee program learning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure activities are meeting outcomes and aligned with youth and partner needs;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of youth livelihood issues and a general understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing young people across countries of operation;
- Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners EDC, TIG, ACGC and UN-HABITAT to ensure effective implementation of activities;
- Liaise and coordinate with all EQWIP HUBS implementation teams and ensure consistent information, communication and collaboration between the technical team and other key functions within the project i.e. Talent Acquisition, Finance and Human Resources;
- Provide management and oversight of technical program delivery in particular with regarding coordination of activities in each country;
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws;
- Carry out management responsibilities including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems; in accordance with projects policies and applicable laws; and,
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chief of Party and serve as Acting Chief of Party when necessary.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada;
- University Degree preferred;
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience at a director level;
- Long-term, overseas experience preferably with a focus on youth;
- Experience in the following technical areas: gender, environment, M&E and livelihoods as they relate to youth;
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans;
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting senior managerial staff;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and,
- Fluency in English & French required, Spanish language skills are highly desirable.
Deadline to apply: Thursday February 22, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to email@example.com with “Interim Deputy Director” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.