28 Nov Communications and Marketing Manager
- Company Name: Canada World Youth
- Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Start: As soon as possible
- Working Location: 939 Somerset Street W. Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 6R8, Canada
- Schedule: Full-time, Contract
- Annual Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Benefits Package: Group insurance, RRSP
Reporting to the Project Director, the Communications & Marketing Manager leads the development and implementation of the strategy to raise the project profile and market the EQWIP HUBs brand to engage young, professional Canadians in the project and to showcase the impact of its innovative approach to partners and stakeholders.
- Execute, monitor, and evaluate a comprehensive communications and social media strategy to meet the needs of the project and its overarching objectives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an integrated marketing strategy to meet the project objectives and increase awareness for the EQWIP HUBs brand.
- Directly manage the EQWIP HUBs Digital and Social Media Marketing Lead to achieve their objectives and development goals.
- Manage annual communications rolling plan budget and corresponding communications and marketing plans with specific projects and targets.
- Direct, coordinate and oversee the work of consultants and suppliers as needed to ensure on budget and timely delivery of communications and marketing products.
- Design and produce creative, engaging and timely project communications, key messages, briefs, talking points, materials, marketing and collateral for EQWIP HUBs, CWY & YCI staff and teams and specific campaign or events.
- Lead and oversee all EQWIP HUBs digital media channel activities, including the website, and analyze, review and respond to the impact of each channels outputs.
- Support and work closely with the Recruitment Team management to develop and implement communications and marketing material in support of business development and talent acquisition strategies.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with staff and implementing partners to source information and support their communications activities
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Project Director.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- 5 years of progressive experience in communications, marketing and branding including the development of related strategies for a variety of audiences.
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken) language skills.
- A strong understanding of digital marketing technologies, uses, and best practices.
- Highly proficient with management and optimization of digital marketing channels and tools including social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), digital advertising and analytics (Google Adwords, Grants and Analytics), and e-mail marketing (Mailchimp).
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to create compelling content for multiple target audiences through several different mediums.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills (Microsoft Office, Windows 10, SharePoint) with proficiency in website management tools (WordPress, web hosting).
- Graphic design experience and intermediate skills working with Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Fluency in HTML and CSS is also an asset.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work to deadline, and manage multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers and partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team, yet be comfortable running a project or task independently.
- Self-starter with energy and enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit.
- Must be able to take the initiative and work independently.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications and Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.